Register To Comment

Thread: Is it ideal having steel chassis for featherweights thses days?

For a "classic" Team RCC feather, we apply what we call a "T frame". The weapon is mounted on a steel box section(for flippers) or weapon support plates ( the spine), and the drives are suspended between 2 HDPE leafsprings forming the crossbar on the T.

On welding. £350 and this YouTube channel gives you the power to weld any kind of steel, copper alloy or titanium.

Add £250 and you can weld any weldable material with some creativity.

or £40 for a stick welder from lidl or aldi when they next come on sale will let you do steel and hardox no bother.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    or £40 for a stick welder from lidl or aldi when they next come on sale will let you do steel and hardox no bother.
    Wise words! I've had mine since I started in 2008 and it's still going!

Amen to that. I've had Gary's cheap welder second hand for six years and it's still fine. Has even survived being used to weld up all the 10mm Hardox jaw pieces on Coyote.

Once you tried MIG or TIG, going back to stick welding feels like handing over your electrical handtools and go back to flint.

I have a TIG / stick welder. The tig is such a pain in the arse to set up each time as it's not used often that I tend to just use the stick function on it.

Register To Comment