Register To Comment

Thread: Multiple TZ85 escs

Can someone please tell me how I would control two or more escs on a channel?

I want to build a 4 wheel drive using a motor for each wheel, so controlling two pairs of the TZ85's - one per wheel.

Failing that then how many feather sized motors could I run from one esc? That's how I currently do it but on ants and beetles etc.

Thanks

You can use a Y lead, usually about £2 from model shops or ebay

link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+lead&_sacat=0

Just connect the RC input into the y leads and the other end into the RC receiver.
    you should be able to power 2 motors from one ESC? I wouldn't have thought that would max out the ESC at stall.
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 11th August 2017 at 14:02.

If it's a feather you're going for, one TZ85 should be enough to run two drill motors, I know a few people who have done that.

With 12V drill-motors/gearboxes running on 3 or 4S it's even possible to do 3 on 1 Tz85.
    But to avoid "problems," fuse each motor with 30A.

Thanks all,
    I`ve currently wired it to have two motors per esc, on 5s.
    I still need to fit tyres so at the minute its just wheel spinning like crazy which is good fun.

Luna-tic runs two 12v drill motors on 4s, from one Hobbywing Quicrun, the duel output one (Rated at 60 Chinese amps). Completed at a live event with no problems. Let you know after Insomnia if they survive full on combat!! ;-)

I've found Hobbywing stuff to be really decent. I used an EZRun 150A controller in Drumroll for its brushless weapon motor and in Coyote for the chainsaw (same motor). It's been in use for five years, surviving six full combat featherweight events and Robot Wars and is only now starting to misbehave slightly. Literally received a replacement for it today, the EZRun Max8 and it appears to be equally as good a unit.

Register To Comment