Register To Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Electric Axe featherweight - first build of FW

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Theo
    Robots
    Oberon - FW, Titania - AW, Voodoo - MW (under construction), Project 2 - MW (under construction)
    I just pulled into the car park for roboteers only. Since there was a guard at the gate, only roboteers and pit crew were allowed through so it wasn't much of an issue. There was a briefing at about 11, just before tech checks. I'm not sure what it's like at the normal leisure centres, but I think anyone who comes in through the back is assumed to be a roboteer.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Alan
    Robots
    Pressure Point [FW] - Active Plastic Fantastic [FW] - Active
    Hi Nat, nice detailed write up, it's Al with the crusher. I hear what you are saying about turning up to an event for the first time, it can feel a little like not having any idea what you are supposed to be doing, but you soon get the hang of it. I've noticed all the staff and roboteers keep an eye out for each other and their belongings for the newbies and veterans alike. Likewise I've found if you need anything it's best to just ask the staff members, despite being busy, they have always been very helpful.
    I don't know I've you have pinned the gearbox on your other drive motor yet, but if not, wrapping the pins with duct tape or a tie wrap has worked well for a few people, myself included. Thanks for letting me grab the couple of pictures!

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    Wanna Choppa (Axe FW) Short Circuit (HW RWs6) Locking Wheel Nuts (AW) DELLapidated bANTtery (AW) Lo
    As a side note, just seen the email from John regarding Guildford. Thank you for including information about the safety briefing time and expanding on no booking desk much appreciated

Register To Comment