Register To Comment
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Axe featherweight - first build of FW

you getting on well,

See if this Axe sheet will help you it is from Team Run Amok.

http://runamok.tech/root/hammer_v1_2.xls

I been meaning to look at that spreadsheet but sadly it is blocked at work, and by the time i get home i have forgotten.

Anyways, today has been a buying day.

have finalised the base plate design and got that sent off for machining, hopefully receive it monday/tuesday next week.
    i have bought the bearings for the axe gear stages, probably regret it, but there we go, have to try first!
    And i have redone the plates i need to cnc out on my machine, my bed is A4 even though i bought an A3 machine...
    i have decieded to remachine the rear rib piece to give me the 45mm clearence to allow my 40mm linak to sit comfortably if i need to add a lifter instead of the axe.

pictures! pictures to come shortly, as there mostly on my phone in another room...

So, alot has happened with one busy week and weekend!

I will just say that it is less than a week to go, sorry its 3 days away...

Hmmm...

And what a day to loose your transmitter

So update:

Front panels drilled using some solid cobolt drills from tool station
    middle plate made and welded together so the front panel is nw a single plate.

Side panels made and welded together - todo weld on mounting plates and add screw holes (welded nuts)

Rear motor plate split and parts made to extend the base to add more mounting holes. Expect this area to take a beating

Axe arm made - making axe head tomorrow by welding plate hardox together

Panels for internal framework made and fitted.

BASE PLATE - omg what a lovely thing, Made by Adrian - contacted through the forums - weblink. Quick turnaround and good comms, also very good price. Thank you!

Screws made to hold wheels in place.

Spare wheels bought and nut inserts made

Gearing for the axe mech has been made, however im not happy with the gearing, sadly due to my design i wanted the gears not to be exposed, im left with a gear ratio of 6:1 so 3 revs of the motor is an axe hit... i need to wire this up to check but it should be much bigger than that to get the hit.

And finally... the electrics.
    Now i have the framework done, i can get to finally fitting the electronics. Thats right, its only had a test drive with bits stuck in with tape... not a fully finished job.

Thnk i have my work cut out! and some late nights at work comming.....

PICS COMMING

I dont know what to say...

I seem to have lost my controller and my ESC setup and cannot find them anywhere... not home, not work, will be checking the makerspace (Swindon) tonight, but these are vital parts and i cannot compete without these...

I do have some Electronize esc at 30Amp and an old 40Mhz TX, but unsure if i will get time to fit all this in...

Team Kaizen

Oh no, I hope you find them! Made me a little paranoid about where my weapon circuitry is now. :S
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

good news!

Just checked my battery bag... FOUND THE ESCS!

So as long as i can find my vintage failsafe units, i can run using 40Mhz TX so should be ok~!

Further update... (and i feel very silly)
    I went into a room at work which I don't frequent that often, which, however, stores the large postal scales i use to weigh my bot, and...

HURRAH! on the side is my Spektum Dx7 transmitter!

Yay its all go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    pictures! pictures to come shortly, as there mostly on my phone in another room...

you lied to us Nat, there are not photos

Funny enough I'm on my phone uploading some pictures :-)

20180511_200937.jpg
    20180513_145539.jpg
    20180516_203038.jpg
    20180513_161033.jpg
    20180514_183002.jpg
    20180516_203034.jpg
    Attachment 8093
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 17th May 2018 at 11:42.

Looks great how powerful is that weapon motor

Register To Comment