Register To Comment

Thread: First Axe feather build diary

image.jpg

I thought I would start an actual build diary for several reasons, 1, keep log of progress. 2, keep me on track and 3, to get suggestions on what I'm doing wrong!

Intro, Nathaniel, a series 6 RW veteran with Short Circuit, a bit built for series 2 and improved till getting on the show. Built several ants too, but as I have now moved into an actual house where I can set up an actual workshop, I have gotten the bug again, and want to compete with bigger bots than ants.

My Fiancée has wanted an Antweight bot wit an axe, so I'm making one better and making a feather to compete around the area.

From my times in RW I had a lot of stuff about including some Electronize esc that had the external relay mod. Sadly I couldn't find them so bought a pair to start me off from this forum.
    Initially I was wanting to go and do pneumatics, so bought the final parts I didn't have, that were paintball tanks and reg before realising I should start of s,all then get the Pneumatic stuff done, so an electric axe was first.
    image.jpg Pneumatic bits
    image.jpg Initial CAD design for electric version

I started to draw out some designs based on my Pneumatic build, which game me a rough shape, similar to how my heavy would have looked after a redesign for series 7, and from there I have been working in plywood prototyping before I buy anything, so this is where I'm at now.

Had slight issue where my motor model was too short, not take into account the fitting the the wheels in the motor.
    image.jpg. image.jpg

Slight remake of the base fixed that

image.jpg.
    image.jpg
    I'm just playing with the ideas of different chassis designs, thinking about thicknesses and bulkhead impact zones. It started off as 12mm HdPE now it's 18mm and 12mm hdpe with 6mm all base and hardox wedge and top... although that's ever changing.
    image.jpg. 18mm central sections with layered top panels

What do you guys think of the design? Have I missed anything with the ticknesses of the shell or bulkhead?

*pics to be added shortly*
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 23rd July 2017 at 16:03.

Have moved this to build diaries.
    Trying to delete this thread. Please continue reading in Build Diaries section on forum.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 23rd July 2017 at 17:14.

Register To Comment