Register To Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ratatoskr Build Diary. (Featherweight)

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Mark Smith
    Robots
    "Blacksmith" (FW) Retired "Forge Master" (FW)
    not sure how effective the would be but if you have a blow torch try heating it up, if there is any glue it will break that and if you do it right expand the pulley, just be careful not to burn yourself. when I was young kid me and my dad were making a go kart and i grab the wrong end a of a axle he had welded, yeahh that hurt.

Status
    Name
    Daniel Jackson
    Robots
    Ratatoskr (FW - Under Construction)
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to a blowtorch, so that method's out of the question.

I mean, if I can't get it off, I'll just do the grip technique like I did with the mounts for the motor and glue it around the pulley.

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    Wanna Choppa (Axe FW) Short Circuit (HW RWs6) Locking Wheel Nuts (AW) DELLapidated bANTtery (AW) Lo
    i see not the eclip.
    You could use a lighter to heat up the pully to break the glue - it will break down with heat. then, with some needle nose pliers, place the pliers under the pulley and around the shaft and level it up, heat and lever, heat and lever etc. it will work it self up.

Status
    Name
    Daniel Jackson
    Robots
    Ratatoskr (FW - Under Construction)
    So, another little update, considering I've been kind of behind on things here, I've managed to get the motor mount cut out, just need a couple of things to do with that, and that'd be good to go.

With that being said, I'm not entirely sure how long the armour cutting would take, along with the shaping and such, but if I get another nice, sunny day with no chance of rain, then I'm definitely going to be getting the jigsaw, drill and dremel out again and giving the plastic a good going over.

Other than that, soldering, cutting, and testing, and Ratatoskr may end up getting into Manchester!

Register To Comment