Hi Guys,

I'm using a car seat motor to power the lifting arm in my new featherweight. Of course I'll need to re-wire this thing slightly so that it's compatible. I've seen a video of someone taking a motor like this apart, but it's for a different purpose so there's still a few things I'm unsure about. So I would really appreciate some help just so I can tell what's what before I accidentally break something like in the ESC incident.

So I popped the rear off and was greeted with this -

IMG_0784[1].jpg IMG_0786[1].jpg IMG_0787[1].jpg IMG_0788[1].jpg IMG_0789[1].jpg

There's 5 wires, I assume that the Blue one is positive, the Purple is negative, and that trio of Black, White/Orange and Red are hooked up to that little circuit board. Not entirely sure what that does though - I would assume something related to communicating with a car? If that's the case, can the board, along with that cluster of Black, White/Orange and Red wires be removed entirely? The blue wire is soldered to the lower connector of the blue box thingy, and I think that the purple one is connected to the bottom of that copper piece (in between the chunky white wire and the motor brush), in which case that circuit board is totally bypassed.

So for my purpose - I'd be taking out that circuit board along with the trio of wires, and then my new positive is going to the lower connector of the blue box, and my negative could be soldered to that copper bit? Does that sound about right? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Dominic