Register To Comment
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by James Williams View Post
    Hey Michael, just wanted to say that you did a great job with the robot all things considered. It was unfortunate that you were the one that took all that damage especially since you have been so helpful to so many others not just at events but also on the forum (thanks for lending us that bind plug BTW). Also we've been going over the damage on Neophyte & noticed that your lance dented our base plate.
    Quick hijack but THIS esc will do you great for your drive. Hope to see you at Grantham

Quote Originally Posted by James Williams View Post
    Hey there I already ordered one earlier since so many people recommended them. Hopefully we can actually pass tech check next time. Thanks a LOT for all the help you guys gave us. You must have spent more time on our robot than your own on the 1st day. We really do appreciate it. Hope you guys managed to get your wheel issues sorted. Sorry we couldn't have done more to help but the old man wanted to get some rest as he's on a 5am shift this week.
    hehe it was no problem, did you see what happen in match 4 ?

Team Kaizen

Thanks for all the kind comments! I'll have the design of The Honey Badger 3 finalised by the end of the week. I've started properly assessing the damage on The Honey Badger 2 - needs a fair bit of TLC I think but it is all salvageable. I'll keep it around as a reserve robot - just got to find somewhere to keep it now :P

It was unfortunate that you were the one that took all that damage especially since you have been so helpful to so many others not just at events but also on the forum (thanks for lending us that bind plug BTW).
    Hahaa, it was a bit unfortunate wasn't it? As for the bind plug, no worries

Also we've been going over the damage on Neophyte & noticed that your lance dented our base plate.
    I knew it!! I came over after the fight whilst Neophyte was being worked on and I couldn't see anything obvious but I was sure from the video that I had. Apologies for that. :P

20 + robots in the arena at once though-just confusing! I found it hard to follow any particular robot so I'm not sure how the Adults in the Audience could at a distance.
    It is rather but then again, I've been in that arena with just 3 featherweights and that looks really empty. I'd say 10 was a nice number. The queue just to get into the arena was pretty mind boggling as well.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 23rd April 2018 at 22:25.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Aha just realised the robot that you ramped off and ended upside down in the seccond melee was mine (Theta with the green LEDs). Unlucky that you sustained so much damage in the 3rd fight but it was great that you managed to get the honey badger working and into the final show!

Team Kaizen

Oh awesome, I didn't know that was Theta. I'll remember that for future events! Thing is, if Blunt Force Trauma hadn't knocked into me as I was ramping off of you, the wings would have saved me from being flipped.

Thats unfortunate but atleast Blunt Force Trauma's disk wasnt spinning at the time or that couldve been a big hit

Team Kaizen

I'll take what I can get at the moment, The Honey Badger is looking very sorry for itself. Full damage report coming tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by team death View Post
    I'm not sure how the Adults in the Audience could at a distance.
    I was in the audience for fight 3, and I couldn't tell what the heck was going on.

Stuff hitting stuff. Pretty lights. Stuff flying around. Bits all over the place. Bulldozer!

It seems like coming out of those fights with anything left at all is a victory. :P

Register To Comment