Register To Comment
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Looking great man!

Very much looking forward to fighting it at Manchester if you’re in.

Team Kaizen

Rest assured, The Honey Badger 2.2 and I will be there (potentially with another FW if I can find the time to get some electronics in it).
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Looks Good, and it looks plenty neat in the pictures, I'll look out for you at Manchester, might have to snap a few pics too.

Team Kaizen

Well, no idea how this has happened (probably a spark) but plugged the link in after securing the motor to the plate for a test and poof, magic smoke, batteries heating up and general panic. When I turn the speed controller on now, it makes a clicking noise and nothing else happens. In short, the speed controller went bang.

Given the TZ85As lack of availability at the moment, I think I'll try out one of the single channel FeatherTwos from Rory when pay day rolls about. Gutted I can't test it at the moment.

Team Kaizen

Having has a root around, I found the test Beetleweight robot made out of a shortbread tin that I had completely forgotten about. 5 minutes with a screwdriver later and now the arm works, albeit at half power but I'll take what I can get for the moment.

I noticed that the arm is sitting a bit squiffy in the slot, looks as if the arm isn't quite seated on the hub correctly so I'll rework that to make it flush and then add a pair of ramming spikes to the end of the arm to make it longer and a bit more useful at the moment.

Team Kaizen

So... yeah...

A FeatherTwo landed on my doorstep today so I went ahead and plumbed that in, went to turn the drive on and the whole thing has practically exploded from a electrical point of view with a zzzzzaaappp and then nothing. The whole thing is dead at the moment.

Isolated the weapon circuit, put back in the Beetleweight ESC (which we know works from the previous post) and I think it is the receiver that has exploded as when that turned on, the arm went down and kept on trying to move past the lowest point, causing the ESC to smoke (I know, limit switches but we ain't even got that far yet).

I've got the TX/RX from either Shu! or Osu to try yet but at the moment, The Honey Badger is dead in the water at the moment.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 24th March 2018 at 14:41.

Oh no! Has the feathertwo gone smoking? What did you change since it was running last and before putting in the controller?

What version of the feather two did you get? And did you wire it in correctly? If you can get a photo that would help diagnose the issue.

I know that feeling Michael, when things go fizzz-it feels bad
    it will be interesting to find out whats gone wrong but its not allways
    obvious, we are still pondering why our ragebridge blew.
    I was thinking about buying a featherstwo for the weapons system
    What voltage were you using?
    Did you have a second speed controller in play ?
    - so keep us informed about the outcome

Team Kaizen

What did you change since it was running last and before putting in the controller?
    I've not changed the drive wiring at all since 2.0.

I was thinking about buying a featherstwo for the weapons system What voltage were you using? Did you have a second speed controller in play ?
    Voltage is 13.2v nominal (2x 2S1P LiFePO4 batteries). The only speed controllers I had in were the 2x TZ85A controllers for the drive and this FeatherTwo.

What version of the feather two did you get? And did you wire it in correctly? If you can get a photo that would help diagnose the issue.
    I got a single channel FeatherTwo. Picture is as below (I think I have it wired in right, might be wrong):
    DSCF6223.jpg

As I noted, when I plugged the drive link in, the whole thing went bang. On reflection, I possibly suspect that the draw through the RX with the two TZ85As and the FeatherTwo plugged in was too much for the receiver. Will go back to the car now and get the receiver for Shu! (The receiver for Osu isn't suitable), see if the drive is still functional and go from there.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 24th March 2018 at 23:58.

Register To Comment