Register To Comment
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Team Kaizen

Indeed so.

Been a bit light working on this one as I am still miffed about having to pull out of Insomnia (due to a wedding). However, I've got a removable link cover held in place with some masking tape for the time being. I've shortened the links so the go under the cover and now looks vaguely respectable.

I've finally got time to go to the DIY store and get a door finger plate for the front. Using a proper metal hammer (I think it was a metal working hammer in a past life), I've bent the edges around so that it covers up the rather unsightly ends. I'll make some ridges in it to make the non return tangs and then drill out the holes to mount it to the front.

Also, my father-in-law sharpened up some steel bars to work as chisel type spikes, one to each front corner of the robot. They are not mounted yet as I need to drill out the holes in the side panels for them. Oh, and a packet of googly eyes arrived so it'll soon look a little more menacing
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 23rd August 2017 at 13:14.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Aye, very much so, the initial version and the rebuild has and continues to improve my lacklustre construction skills :P

Team Kaizen

A bit of progress on the Badger this evening as I finally got to fitting that front plate on the front. Still needs a little fettling but it basically is complete. As noted before, I've bent it in certain places to make these non return tangs on it, though I'd still like to make it a little higher. Also been trimming off excess plastic where needed to make it all fit a little more flush.

More importantly, placed the googly eyes on the robot!

Photos are of (from left to right):

• A shot of the shortened links before I've covered them.
    • The rear of the robot with the dome covering the new shortened links and the power light (the masking tape hinge will be replaced as soon as I can find a suitable hinge).
    • The front of the robot with the plate held in with some tape so I know vaguely what it will look like.
    • Googly eye goodness with the plate attached! Also comes with masking tape eyebrows. I know this is strictly aesthetics at this point but with it now effectively compliant, I wanted to at least make it look like it was finished for the time being.

DSCF5592.JPGDSCF5593.JPGDSCF5594.JPGDSCF5598.JPG

Weirdly, without the front plate painted black, it looks more like a Platypus to me. :S

Next things are to add on the side chisels and implement the weapon and then that is it, The Honey Badger will fight again.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 24th August 2017 at 23:53.

love the eyes! reminds me of my fav robot Diotior from back in the day

that one pissed looking wedge

Quote Originally Posted by sean retro View Post
    All it needs now is some fur.
    some black and white striped fur

Team Kaizen

I can't argue, it does look pretty peeved. Shu! will have some eyes as well, not sure about Kaizen yet.

I'll be painting the plate black and then rubbing the front wedge down for a go over with a Sharpie so that it looks more... badger like? If I can find some scrap black fur... well... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Weirdly, without the front plate painted black, it looks more like a Platypus to me. :S
    Well that's a name for a different featherweight if you plan on it. "The Angry Platypus."

Register To Comment