Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    Osu - AW / Shu! - BW / The Honey Badger - FW / Kaizen (Building) - HW
    Post Thanks / Like
    The motor has arrived but I don't think I'll have an axe attachment for this, it doesn't spin fast enough (something in the order of 62rpm at 12v). Tried to get started on the soldering of the wires to the motor but then my trusty soldering iron died. Maplin here I come.

Also ordered some 3S1P LiFePO4 batteries for the Badger. Not totally decided if I want them fitted to the weapon or the drive yet.
    Team Kaizen

AW - Osu
    BW - Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW - The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    HW - Kaizen (Build Thread)

Team Kaizen

Status
    Name
    Michael
    Robots
    Osu - AW / Shu! - BW / The Honey Badger - FW / Kaizen (Building) - HW
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got a new soldering iron so the fun can continue. Wired the motor to a spare TZ85A I have and hooked it up to one of The Honey Badger 1.0 batteries I have laying around to see how well it works. Definitely feels like it has plenty of torque to self right The Honey Badger 2.2. Of course, it may be better when the lithium batteries arrive.

The speed controller needs reprogramming as it doesn't appear to be reading the neutral point correctly and a LED needs to be soldered in for the weapon wiring loom but the wiring is ready to go into the robot. I also worked out how to mount the motor in the robot using a spare piece of HDPE I have, originally starting off life as the base plate for the prototype version of Shu! I also need to find M4 and M5 bolts. I've got most of them but a few are eluding me at the moment. The lifting arm has been cut and ready to go onto the hub for the motor.

Work has also been done to rework the "anti-capsize" bars that was torn off in Maidstone 2017. New, wider plates have been added to the side panels (above the drive wheels as I am still convinced that the robot isn't getting good traction on the floor) and bolt holes drilled. I'll see if the flange bolts I have have enough grip with a washer and nut to hold them in place.

All being well, The Honey Badger 2.2 should be ready by the end of January.
    Team Kaizen

AW - Osu
    BW - Shu! (Build Thread)
    FW - The Honey Badger (Build Thread)
    HW - Kaizen (Build Thread)

Register To Comment