Register To Comment
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    at Manchester we need to a axe off with Broadaxe =D, now of any other axe/hammer bots going ?
    Why me specifically? :P

I think there's a good 7 or so axe/hammer likes going at the last count, if Team Arc and Team Panoramic are also bringing theirs as I've heard on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by qbnut View Post
    Why me specifically? :P

I think there's a good 7 or so axe/hammer likes going at the last count, if Team Arc and Team Panoramic are also bringing theirs as I've heard on Facebook
    Because i love you..... more the fact i didn't know who else was bring axe bots

Team Kaizen

Crikey, 7 axe bots... going to be very choppy in there (bah-dum-tish). It is going to be very interesting seeing how different the various implementations are and how effective they are going to be.

I love seeing just how much this bot has evolved over the months, and it just keeps getting more and more character. The checker plate aluminium in particular really pops!
    Many thanks! Definitely characterful and the effect of that impact plate on the front of the bodywork is definitely eyecatching. Hopefully it will work in the arena as well.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

With 7 axe bots I feel that this is an accurate representation of what will happen:

If I get Ratatoskr done in time, then that'll be another axe bot for you to keep an eye on. :P

Team Kaizen

Aye indeed!

I think there are three improvements I can make to the axe on The Honey Badger before Manchester:

1. Increase the voltage from 13.2v (LiFePO4 4S nominal) to 19.8v (LiFePO4 6S nominal), which should have the effect of making it faster and have a bit more oomph when striking.
    2. Add a bit more weight to the axehead. At the moment, it is pretty light up there.
    3. Sharpen the axe blade properly into a point. :P

Team Kaizen

So mixed results - I upped the voltage from 13.2v nominal to 19.8v nominal and the axe now fires at a relatively quick rate. I'll need to get a new LED to handle the upped voltage (I am all out at the moment) but a bigger issue is that the whole thing jams every so often. I am not sure why this is but once the axe retracts and when you try to fire it again, it simply does not move. Sounds as if it is trying, will need to free it up and then see what is going on.

I've not had a chance to add more weight to the axehead but I've sharpened the axe so it is making more of an impression these days, when it wants to work :P

UPDATE: The axe is working again. Took the gearbox case off and watched the mechanism in action. It hasn't stripped any teeth but the whole thing was a bit slack in one direction. Put the case back on and re-tightened the case screws which now means the gearbox is working but I don't think it is handling the shock at all but is that really surprising given it is a solid gearbox?

If I do a 2.3, I'll be going to a custom built gearbox - I've been researching this for Kaizen but I reckon a lowish Kv inrunner connected to a relatively high gear ratio box will offer the performance I need.

How long it lasts at EXR Manchester is the big one on my mind.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 10th April 2018 at 13:45.

Team Kaizen

Annnnnndddd now the grub screw has sheared in the hub, new one required and ordered Definitely going to change this mechanism, it just does not handle shock at all well.

Actually, in addition, I am going to try and build my own hub, see if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 11th April 2018 at 23:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    I am hoping Hatchet and Ratatoskr will be at Manchester, a 5 way axe off would be awesome
    Unless Shane brings the old Hatchet along it won’t be there unfortunately, there is a new Hatchet in the works but it won’t be a thing for a while yet.

Team Kaizen

No worries, plenty of axe bots left to have a play with I would like to get mine going again :P

Register To Comment