Register To Comment
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - The Honey Badger

Team Kaizen

And here are some pictures.

First one is of the rear panel being shaved. Still needs a bit more work to make it not grind down on the floor but it is getting there. Second one is of the castor ball, complete with rudimentary height adjustment with the use of a couple of nuts acting as spacers to lift the ball up and down. Last one is of the snow... because it looks pretty. :P

DSCF5514.JPGDSCF5515.JPGDSCF5516.JPG

Side panels... going to have to invest in a jigsaw methinks.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

what are you planning to do with the rest of weight budget ?

EDIT: i know make 2. Cluster bot baby
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 1st August 2017 at 09:12.

Team Kaizen

The robot, with the weapon motor in but nothing else for the weapon, weighs 8.5kg. Assuming the side panels round that up to 9kg or so and the rest of the weaponry gubbins take it to 10, the rest is likely to go towards static weaponry and chassis reinforcement (oh, and a groovy paint/Sharpie job as well :P)

i know make 2. Cluster bot baby
    Hehe. If I do another FW, I might consider that
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 1st August 2017 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    The robot, with the weapon motor in but nothing else for the weapon, weighs 8.5kg. Assuming the side panels round that up to 9kg or so and the rest of the weaponry gubbins take it to 10, the rest is likely to go towards static weaponry and chassis reinforcement (oh, and a groovy paint/Sharpie job as well :P)

Hehe. If I do another FW, I might consider that

You going to add a steel strip on the end of the wedge ?

also minibots

Team Kaizen

Yeah, I'll be adding a metal edge to lower front and rear edges. I'll also be covering up the other edges with something similar just to make it look a little tidier. Metal guards around the drive wheels as well.

I've never really been sold on the value of minibots to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    Yeah, I'll be adding a metal edge to lower front and rear edges. I'll also be covering up the other edges with something similar just to make it look a little tidier. Metal guards around the drive wheels as well.

I've never really been sold on the value of minibots to be honest.
    but i want to see one be thrown by the floor flipper =P

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    My first feather was 5kg wet thru and got thrown by the floor flipper. To my amazement it survived. It's on Youtube.
    you have a link ?

Team Kaizen

I'd be interested in seeing the video as well...

Wednesday was a bit of a nightmare. Took the Badger back to the community centre to make sure the adjustments I made to the rear panel means it won't jack itself any more and it refused to turn on. Point blank said no. Took it back home to make sure the batteries were charged, both report as being full.

At first, I thought it was the RC receiver but I decided to use one of the original batteries from the original Badger and it now works again. No idea why, just is (something gone wrong in the other batteries I suspect). Did delay me working on it though.

Been working on the weapon today. The reciprocating spear (which was a windscreen wiper linkage) is now pretty much done though it could do with a bit of length adjustment. I'll see about mounting the windscreen wiper motor and associated gubbins at somepoint next week. Side panels will hopefully be measured and cut this weekend if I can borrow a jigsaw and workbench.

1st photo is a generic lid off shot as I was trying to work out what was wrong with the Honey Badger, the second is me playing around with the angles at which the spear will come out at and the 3rd one is the spear itself, the cutting of which ruined one of my Dremel saw blades Hitting it very hard with a hammer was fun though.

DSCF5520.JPGDSCF5522.JPGDSCF5523.JPG

how are you going to get the spear to reciprocate with the wiper motor ?

As i would of used a right angled gearbox and used this linkage
    hqdefault.jpg

Register To Comment