Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizontal shift on dx6i mixing?

I have elev>rudd signal mixing working based these instructions from Shakey:
    http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...l=1#post457018

but I have what seems to be the common problem of a 45 degree shift on everything - so forward is actually "diagonal top left" and backward is "bottom right".

Apparently I just need to play with the mix levels, but after an evening swearing at my tx (and 8 batteries) I am no closer. Am I on the right track, or is there another setting I need to play with?

Flat Damon is quicker with the DX6i than the cheapo tx and signal mixer he used before, but it would be nice to go to Insomnia (if they'll have him) with him driving in a straight line.

Do you also have rudd>elev mixed. As you also need that. Currently it sounds like you do not.

Yep, I did all the things in the instructions - one on mix1 and the other on mix2, both set to +100%.

I did mess with the +/- levels, but didn't make much difference.

Tested by tweaking settings and then using the monitor function and watching the little arrows when I moved the stick.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 20th June 2017 at 10:06.

The diagonal thing going on means that there is no mixing happening in the robot. Have you made sure anything like the V-Tail mixing is disabled and that your ESC doesn't have any mixing already?

But both wheels move - doesn't that mean mixing is happening?

The ESCs are standard botzbitz 30A, so I don't think there is any mixing there.
    Last edited by lowndsy; 20th June 2017 at 11:25.

Nope. The diagonal thing means there is no mixing happening.

Both wheels can move whether there is mixing or not. The point of mixing is to make a the two channels used interact wih each other.

Actually you're right - both wheels move because both channels are triggered in the corners, but not on a single axis. Seems obvious now.
    I did a full reset of the channel so all settings should be set at default, but I'll double check for extra vtail mixing.

Will have another play with it tonight.

Just reset the model on you transmitter and follow the instructions of mine you linked.

That's what I did last night! I set the "sw settings" in both mixes to "on" - I assume that is "switch settings"? Do I perhaps need to map the mixes to an actual switch instead?
    Last edited by lowndsy; 20th June 2017 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by lowndsy View Post
    That's what I did last night! I set the "sw settings" option to "on" - I assume that is "switch settings"? Do I perhaps need to map the mixes to an actual switch instead?
    No that bit is fine. I mean RESET THE MODEL. Wipe everything and start from a fresh model. Not in the mix options, just in the menu, hit the reset button, start again.

The 'sw -> on' is correct and is the default, you shouldn't need to touch that.

Register To Comment