Register To Comment
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Championships - Insomnia 61

More a question for James, but anybody else feel free to answer. Luna-tics lift is
    a linear actuator, 10mm/s. (No load). Will I be needing a safety bar. Didn't need one for the live events, but best to check than fail the safety test. I fear that more than the spinners!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLabs View Post
    I'm in the same boat, my original team mate can't make it, so someone else is coming in their place. Also my robot's name has changed to Spectre from the original entry :P
    Our new robots called Spectre too. I do need to know if people teams are changing please.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsowry View Post
    More a question for James, but anybody else feel free to answer. Luna-tics lift is
    a linear actuator, 10mm/s. (No load). Will I be needing a safety bar. Didn't need one for the live events, but best to check than fail the safety test. I fear that more than the spinners!!!
    No you wont need a locking bar for that. Good luck

Hey guys, my second robot's driver is sorted now, and I've emailed James. I was heavily considering Jamie's advice of just dropping the second bot out to let someone else in, but since this person didn't manage to get in with their robot, I think this is a good solution. Looking forward to this weekend!

I've had nothing so far. Hope they come soon.

Got my info email this evening, should anyone be waiting for theirs.

The sign up sheet said Friday afternoon, with Friday morning set aside for testing and tech check. James, can you confirm?

Also for those that are new to it and want to load in via the loading doors; head to car park N12 first thing in the morning (they start the process at 8am but you see a small queue building before then). Security will take some details and ask where you're going. Just say you're unloading stuff for the Robot Arena stand/door 20.2 at Insomnia. They'll give you a loading pass valid for fifteen minutes; head to the door (an NEC site map is handy to have), unload your stuff, then pop your cars back round in the main car park. They'll have an allocated one(s) for Insomnia, just ask.

Still have to pay for parking I'm guessing? Plus we can go back and to from our cars throughout the day? If so I'll just bring my HW trolley to ferry stuff.

Register To Comment