Register To Comment
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Robo Challenge Championships - Insomnia 61

Team Kaizen

Well, good luck to all going to Insomnia!
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Home at last! Another great event by Grant and James, special thanks to everyone who lent me tool esp. Dennis, Ellis and Alex.

Thank you to everyone who took videos it was great watching! Equinox looked especially impressive! I wanted to be there but had a wedding on the Saturday will be there next time though.

All my fights are up on YouTube and FB page. One or two worth a watch. lol. Wish to thank everyone for welcoming me, the robot and my family to the event. Despite a few problems with them being under 16....

Massive shout out to the Coopers, realise I wasn't first choice and was only there to make up the numbers. But hopefully Luna-Tic offered some unique drama and entertainment. I loved every minute, the "anti-robot wars wife" even said she enjoyed it and has a new love for the sport and community. LT is battered and bruised but not out yet!! Roll on more fights!!

https://www.facebook.com/TeamLunaRW/

Well what an event! Thank you all ever so much for supporting us and coming along! There were so many epic battles, it was a really good championships with one half of team Carbide vs team Eruption meeting again. I was really impressed by the quality of the machines this year so i wanted to let you know we are always excited to see what you guys turn up with. Well done. Congratulations to the Eruption boys for a well deserved win taking on all those spinners! Well done Dave with 722. Proving its still a lethal machine. Well done Adam with Amnesia. Very well driven machine! Finally congratulations to Dennis with Equinox for taking a well deserved Annihilator Trophy and Rory with Aegis for a stand out performance in the Gladiator! Congratulations.

A big thanks also goes out to the judges and those who helped set up & take down. We really appreciate it.

Finally we are already putting together plans for next year. I think the event as a whole with the seating, sound and graphics on all those screens was a real step up. We are working on how we can make things even better for next year. We are mulling through plans for the arena and we will certainly be looking at both the competition & build rules to make amendments.

Well done everyone and thank you again! Oh in all the excitement we forgot to give out prize money to the podium positions of the championship. I'll paypal you 3 later

Glad to have been apart. Will it be august bank holiday weekend again next year do you reckon? Might just book holiday to ensure I'm off!!

Thanks for a great event James (and the rest of the team of course!)

On a personal note it wasn't a great event from myself/ my machines (plus the related stress issues I'm sure most people spotted and apologise to anyone caught up in that) however the event itself was absolutely brilliant - the screens and general presentation made it far beyond any events I've seen to date imho, absolutely stellar job to everyone involved!

Thanks once again for a fantastic event to all of the Robo Challenge team and everyone else who went, was great fun and lots of upgrades already in the making for next year Cheers

Thanks to Robo Challenge and all of the roboteers for an amazing event!

It was my first ever robot combat event - nothing like throwing myself in at the deep end! I was made to feel very welcome by other roboteers who were very complimentary of our first attempt at a 'bot and provided loads of advice that'll go into a new one. Special thanks to my 'bench buddies' from Venator, Scruffy and Impact for spurring me on to get Battleaxe bent back into a sort of shape for Monday's whiteboard after the hiding it took from 722 on the Saturday.

Also thanks to Robo Challenge for hosting a great show - Will definitely be back again for a future event!

Time to get designing and building again

Register To Comment