Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robots Live! @ Amberley Museum - 29th-30th July 2017

Hi All

For those that might not have seen, we will be at Amberbely Musuem and Heritage Centre, this weekend. This should be a great fun relaxed event. We will be running several short shows each day.

For more info on the venue; http://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk/

Please sign up here http://robotslive.co.uk/index.php/roboteers

Team Kaizen

I was in the same boat when I went to Grantham - my first time as well.

There is usually a e-mail sent within a few days of the event as to what time you need to be there by and where to go on the day. When you get there, find a table to go to and set up (at Grantham they were separated by weight classes). Once all set up and you are ready, ask one of the organisers to check you over. They run through the Technical Checklist sheet to make sure your robot meets all the criterion. Once done, you are in!

At Grantham, Featherweights were in a couple of melee fights and Heavyweights were in a competition. I am not sure if Amberley is like that as they note they are a side show but what fights there will be will be on a whiteboard or similar.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 25th July 2017 at 20:01.

I'm hoping to drop by over the weekend at some point but not confirmed yet - If I do, I might bring the featherweight with me, although probably only to see how it handles with the new controller if that's OK? May have an Antweight done by then as well - depends on whether my custom speed controllers work or not!

Do you want me to fill out the sign-up form?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Oooh, an event near by and i dont have a fully built robot
    will there be ant weight battles at all?

i do have an arena

Hi All, emails have gone out tonight, let me know if you didn't get one.

No problem in dropping in with your FW. As far as I'm aware theres no antweights coming or arena

My feather will not be ready, but I may well come by and chat to all attendees.

Cheers Alan, will see you at some point over the weekend. Currently writing firmware for my antweight speed controller - so I guess it depends how "stuck" I get doing that as to when I pop in.

Hiya, was a good show, good talking to those attending, just wondered what classification (assuming 3 from the arena classification guidelines) of arena was used? My feather will have an axe type weapon, and wondered if it would have been able to operate in that arena. Will have a tether if it is not a single solid construction.

When you sign up for an event, where and when do you find out what classification and weaponry restrictions there are?

Register To Comment