Register To Comment
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Championships - Insomnia 61

Featherweights only (13.6kg)

James & Grant might be planning something new but in the past the event has been featherweight only.

I'm away that weekend unfortunately. Getting FW fighting withdrawals now!

hmm i might need to get a wiggle on and get mine done,

Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    For newbies, can anyone expand on what the Championship is?
    It's 3-4 days of awesome fun
    On a more detailed level, it usually consists of a test day the day before the competition starts, where you can turn up and test your bot in the arena, iron out any bugs, pass tech checks etc. The competition then runs for the remaining days. It tends to start off with a league format, three or four rounds of three-way meleés with 4 points for a KO, 3 for a judges' decision win, 2 points for 2nd, 1 point for a loss/3rd and 0 points for failing to enter the arena. The top 18 robots then go through to a straight knockout competition, with losers' meleés along the way to offer a redemption path. They also usually hold an Annihilator competition and Gladiator fight (no time limit, no robot limit, last robot standing wins).

Having said all that, they could well have a different format lined up for this one, but generally the above is how it's been run for the past 8-ish years.

Team Kaizen

Ooohh excellent, I'll be keeping my eye out for the application for this having just gotten my Featherweight finished.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 13th June 2017 at 12:55.

I will endeavour to get my feather built for then!

I really would like to enter, don't know if my build will be complete in time though :/

Quote Originally Posted by qbnut View Post
    I really would like to enter, don't know if my build will be complete in time though :/
    Cmon try, i'm going give it a shot, remember people have built heavyweights in similar amounts of time

Register To Comment