Register To Comment
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Championships - Insomnia 61

Friday is for testing, whiteboards and passing tech checks so everyone is ready for first thing on Saturday. The competition is the same as previous championships where there is a league system, 3 battles each and the top x robots go into the knockout stages late sunday and monday with side competitions at the same time.

It can be a LONG walk to and from the car park to hall 20! If you are lucky, car parks N2 and N3 will be open (they weren't for the last year's GSL event). Even then its not a particularly trolley friendly trip. If you have to park in the E car parks like I had to last year, just forget all about trolleys!

For the past events at GSL, James had free parking permits but since this is Insomnia, they may not be available. I also found that if you are leaving the event late, the parking gates are often unattended (again, don't count on it).

We won't be able to be there friday before 10:00, will it still be possible to get our stuff inside?

going from past experiences with the nec probabily not! unless you can get your stuff in through the front door all in cases or something? - they never open the loading doors to let you bring stuff in once the publics in unfortunatly

Yeah you can bring stuff in but it will have to be through the main doors, and probably all in boxes with no sharp edges or tools showing.

May I request the use of someones lipo charger on Friday please!!? Mine is playing up, says the 4S battery's are fully charged when its showing 13/14volts. Ordered a new one, will be delivery Friday (so it says). Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsowry View Post
    May I request the use of someones lipo charger on Friday please!!? Mine is playing up, says the 4S battery's are fully charged when its showing 13/14volts. Ordered a new one, will be delivery Friday (so it says). Thank you in advance.
    I'm sure that's not a problem just come and see us

If anyone's in on the Friday and can lend a hand, I'd appreciate anything at this point - run into some pretty big problems with hw3 and I've not got time to sort it out until literally being at the event

Unsure if it's dropout worthy... But I've mucked it up enough that I might have to -_-

I'll help out whenever I get a spare moment - not sure how much use I'll be though!

I'm a reserve so I should have time - know I'm not the most experienced but am happy to help out with whatever I am able to!
    Last edited by dotDominic; 25th August 2017 at 01:42. Reason: Removal of 'only a reserve' - don't mean to sound jerkish, just that I probably won't be having lots of repairs to be making!

Register To Comment