Huzzah, visible progress! So over the weekend I was finally able to start cutting some of the HDPE strips, and have made progress on the sides, back plate, base, and lifter face. I still have to round out the back of the side plates, and see if I can shrink the design further, but it's something.

I have also finally been able to order speed controllers for the damn thing, and will hopefully get the wheels soon, which should be the final part to get. I'm still a little iffy on the actuator controller though. Microswitches seem compact, but it doesn't look like I could stop a linear actuator halfway with them, which may be a worry If I'm say, clamping down on another robot, and am a little worried that I might do damage to something inside the machine. a speed controller seems like it would give me that functionality, and if I were to go down the ESC route, would the Botbitz 30A controllers be a bit overkill? I'm asking because they are what I'm using for the drive, and since I'm only just ordering them today, it would be convenient to send everything in the one package. If they are overkill, could I find another speed controller that could take the 18.8V outputted by the battery?