Register To Comment

Thread: An Introduction.

Hi Will, welcome to the forum! What would you want to use the wheelchair motors for? If it's for a robot, they tend not to be adequate for heavyweight drive these days. As for where to get them, try ebay maybe. That's the only place I can think of really.

From wheels chairs eheheh,

sorry could help it, try looking on ebay also scooters motors are an option and are really easy to get a hold off.

how dare they XD anyway, I would look at scooter motors with a chain reduction.

See if you can get hold of any local mobility centres around your area and ask if they have any old motors/wheels, or if they can tell you where their old chairs go. They might have a particular scrappy they go to or removal company. Failing that, eBay is pretty much your best bet. You'll rarely get the motors/wheels on their own from there, you usually have to get the whole chair, most of which are collection only.

Scooter motors are indeed another option, but adds a bit of complexity with chain/belt reductions and making a frame for all that. The wheelchair motors will be a much easier bolt-in solution.

i would second above, i got akll mine from the local scooter shop, plus when i had just missed them taking a load to the tip, they told me which one and they called the tip up and said i was popping down and to let me have some Very friendly those guys can be

Register To Comment