Register To Comment

Thread: Batteries

Londonboii
    So it seems I let my lipo battery discharge too much and now it won't charge. Rather than buy another and have this happen again what are the best alternatives to lipos that don't need so much care?

Would it be nimh batteries? Are they more user friendly?

I need to power 2 argos drill motors and a 5/2 solenoid for my weapon.

Londonboii
    Yeah after googling for a bit I found a way to get the battery charging again. My charger is a cheap one so couldn't charge it that way but found a way to get it going.

Going to have to get a proper charger / discharger and a lipo alarm/buzzer to avoid it happening again I guess.

I put a charged one in parallel for about 3 secs and seems to have done the job repeatedly on the little 180mah units I'm using as I'm always depleting them by accident in the multibots I'm running. That's red to red. Black to black. Probably not safe. Probably not advisable but it works for me. Don't try this at home. Etc.

Londonboii
    Thats what I did. Except I just used a 9v battery for a second or 2.

Londonboii
    Does anyone know if this charger is OK? Or have a recommendation for a better one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332217569123

Hey. That charger is a replica of a big brand name one. This is the original

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/accuell-...r-uk-plug.html

It's the best of the budget chargers and pretty standard round here, it's also one of the few that plugs straight in the wall.

In terms of batteries, see them as a consumable item. Don't let a lipo go flat, keep them topped off, you don't need to run them flat to be able to recharge them. Worst case scenario, there are good quality batteries for less than a tenner on hobbyking that I've been using for years. Each 12 months I chuck it out n just order another they're that cheap. Easy and stress free. Use it for 20 mins n chuck it back on the charger to top it off.

Londonboii
    Thanks David I'll order one of them. Surprised the replica is more expensive than the original.

Register To Comment