Hey everyone,

I have a few questions about the electrical side of things with my robot that I am building (sorry total noob!) and although I have found some excellent information on the forum, I would like to get some of your opinions for my own specific circumstances if that's OK?

Firstly, After looking at a few posts i noticed a good few recommendations for running a robot on 24v if you intend to put a motorised axe on it (which I do!). Potentially a nooby question but I have read the spec of my motors and they are able to run at 24V (18V Drill motors) but is it OK to run the whole robot off of 24V with the intention of adding the axe to it at a later date? and how long would be a safe run time whilst over vaulting?

Secondly, I am intending on using a LiPo battery for the bot under the recommendation of a few people. Would you have any recommendations for brand/model of battery and charger? I have been looking at the Turnigy ones as well as the Turnigy Accucel-6. Also based upon the question above weather its 18V or 24V.

Finally, I have looked at a good few tutorials now and I'm a little confused as to the best method of working out what thickness/gauge wire I would need to run this off of. The RoboWars Australia videos suggest 12-10 Gauge but I have read on the forum that many use 14 gauge. I have been looking at getting **this** as a starting point. I have also got **these** XT-60 connectors in mind. Can anyone shed some light?

Again, thank you all for being so awesome and helping this noob out! It is very much apprenticed!

Will