Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motors and batteries

No. If I'm right, Lithium ion can be a generic term for many lithium-based battery chemistries. The only lithium batteries allowed are LiPo and LiFePo4. You can get a 6 cell LiPo, that is almost 24v, the scooter motor won't suffer much. Also, though you can overvolt drill motors, they won't last nearly as long with a voltage that high, so 2ish volts less will make them last longer.

scooter motor will be fine at 24, as it meant to run at 24, I am toying if i can give it more volts (7s 8s) however finding a ESC which isn't too big easy.

Super expensive LiPo? Depends on what you want. For 6S you could use 2 of these 3S packs in series. That's about £20 for a powerpack.

Brushed ESC's for more than 6S , you're thinking heavyweight material then. Vyper and Victors come to mind.
    Last edited by maddox10; 4th June 2017 at 12:52.

Simple, no hassle and dependable charger. The imax B6AC

Thank you for that information Maddox, but that link doesn't work- however, I have looked around and I think I have found one of the chargers you were talking about. Would this be it, or if not, would it work for those batteries?

(Sorry for all the questions, I haven't had any experience with LiPos before and obviously don't want to waste any money )

Thats the one. price is acceptable. (HK price+ UK profit)

Register To Comment