Register To Comment
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Squirrel

From the ebay link, it has a circlip on the end of the shaft (The little black ring).
    circlip-250x250.jpg
    You just need to push that bit off with a screwdriver or something and the pulley will slide off the D-shaft.

Post a picture of the motor as this may help in saying how to remove it - cant quite picture the tabs

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    Post a picture of the motor as this may help in saying how to remove it - cant quite picture the tabs
    IF he got it from THIS ebay link i sent him, then it is a circlip

ah, just seen posting same time

yeah screwdriver in the gap and twist will ping it off. same motor and gear as mine

So thanks to you guys, I figured out how to get the circlip off, or e-ring, or whatever it's called haha. But I'm still stumped on how to remove the pulley itself off? Would a pulley remover be a decent shout? And if so, what kind would you recommend?

Team Kaizen

Are you planning to use the pulley itself? If not, I'd cut a slot into it down to the motor shaft with a Dremel or similar and then slide it off.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I do, I plan on using it as the piece to hold the rotating HDPE piece to move the rest of the linkages.

So I saw some advice on the internet and I'm not sure how well it works... basically, you take two flathead screwdrivers, put them either side of the underneath of the pulley and slowly press down on the handles to push them up and eventually get the pulley up and off... good idea or no?

Team Kaizen

I would only do this if there was something supporting the motor, you don't want the screwdrivers flying off and doing you any harm. I would look for a ball joint puller - normally for windscreen wipers but I reckon a small one might do the job here.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

try this, pinion gear removal

Register To Comment