Register To Comment
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Squirrel

Is it just me or does the weather seem to want to hinder me from actually doing anything? Went to see if it'd be stable weather today, and turns out there may be thunderstorms... ah well, I guess there's always Thursday seeming as tomorrow'd be more of the same, haha.

So I managed to get the back panel and part of the top panel cut out and shaped... at the cost of my feet being in a lot of pain, so I'm taking today as a recovery day, and tomorrow a shopping day as I need more M6 bolts and dowel nuts too. And as soon as the weather clears up again, I'm gonna get straight back onto armour cutting and shaping, then soldering stuff.

And I signed up to the Manchester event, but I've also said that if I can't make it, I will contact John via Facebook.

One week left... and not a lot has been done... thanks weather.

Hopefully, tomorrow, the weather'll be a little clearer where I am, then me and my friend can get everything cut out, and then I can just grind out the angles needed to make things fit together.

It's not looking hopeful, but if I don't make it to Manchester, then I have to try and convince my mom to take me to one of the other events... outside South Yorkshire, haha.

Team Kaizen

The next nearest one to Sheffield is Grantham, which is a Robots Live! event. That is the 23rd + 24th June.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    One week left... and not a lot has been done... thanks weather.
    You had a look at Sheffield Hackspace ? It might be a useful resource for you. Also ask R9000 (Rory) in case he know any places

Hackspace wasn't that great last time I went. They have very little in the way of decent machine tools, mostly it's a place for 3D printing and little electronics projects. Worth a look, but not really good enough for mechanically-focused projects like ours. As for nearby events, yeah the north is pretty shafted when it comes to live events. Robots Live Grantham is the next-closest as Ocracoke said, then there's the FW champs in Birmingham late this summer. I don't know if there's anything we can do to entice XR and RL to come up a bit further North, maybe we can pitch in together, buy an etek and dangle it on a string somewhere up near Newcastle.

Team Kaizen

then there's the FW champs in Birmingham late this summer.
    Has a date for that been announced yet?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Nothing's been announced, but the summer Insomnia this year (i64) is set for 23/08/18 - 27/08/18.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Hackspace wasn't that great last time I went. They have very little in the way of decent machine tools, mostly it's a place for 3D printing and little electronics projects. Worth a look, but not really good enough for mechanically-focused projects like ours.
    huh from the photos off google maps it looks well enought equipped to be of some use, plus looking at the calander the CNC & Machine Building SIG each Friday look intresting

Well just my luck for the weather to be absolute pants today, haha. Not only that, but my friend texted in saying he couldn't come over either. Double whammy on a Friday the 13th... go away Jason Voorhees.

Register To Comment