Register To Comment
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Squirrel

Okay... so I think I have a small solution... don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

So, the wheels my mother got me might not be as bad as I thought it would be, considering the M10 nylock nuts I have, I can try and get them into the wheel. My only question is... would Epoxy resin be a good kind of sealant to keep the bolt in place and have a decent wheel, or would it be way too brittle for the task at hand?

Or Epoxy Filler... can't remember which one haha.

Team Kaizen

I would have thought Threadlock would be the thing to use here... Epoxy resin may very well work though.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

@Ocracoke No no, not nut to axle, but nut to the inside of the wheel. Would that work?

Team Kaizen

Hmm... I can't see why using Expoxy resin wouldn't work but I'd also consider simply using a glue/superglue of some description in the first instance to see how well it goes for you, might be easier to get out if required.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Okay, so the m10 nyloc's won't fit as they appear to be just a little too big for the drive shaft... thankfully I used the glue gun and not the epoxy resin right off the bat. And sadly to say, the glue won't stick, so it'll have to be epoxy.

So I contacted R9000, and he said just look on eBay for some 3/8 unf imperial nuts, which I'm currently doing right now.

The only problem is... I'm not sure if I should go with these (LINK), these (LINK), or these (LINK).

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I use Kay fast and they are a very good supplier.
    Sink plated ones will be fine for you, stainless steel ones are harder and will not rust to the rain, something your bot shouldn't have to deal with! But we are talking long term... Kay's will be fine and super fast.

Well... f*&^... The epoxy resin apparently wasn't strong enough... either that or it wasn't applied properly... so... my only other option is to buy a set of 12.5 cm dia. wheels with a 3/8 UNF nut inside.

show us what happened. As we could help with suggestions.

Register To Comment