Register To Comment
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 300A VESC in the works, feature suggestions wanted

On the subject of weight, how heavy is too heavy? I am thinking under 800g each would be good. Although for my bot lighter is obviously better. So I maybe could offer them with several different types/weights of heatsink for different power levels?

So for example you would have just a flat plate heatsink on to start with and bolt holes for optional bits to go on. Such as a finned heatsink for use with a fan or for light load with convection cooling while being fairly small and lightweight. Then another which is just a big chunk of aluminium to let you run high power for a length of time at the expense of weight. Or you could even just make your own cooling solution that uses the bolt holes to attach a watercooler or something to let you push it to its limits around 1000A if you can keep it cool enough to not explode.

This would make it more appealing more to different markets without much additional time spent.
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 14th July 2017 at 10:41.

Excellent idea!

I'd make sure there's a sizable safety factor in your heat calculations. Many an esc has had a premature end thanks to too much heat.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    I'd make sure there's a sizable safety factor in your heat calculations. Many an esc has had a premature end thanks to too much heat.
    I would think most are not designed to be in an airtight metal box covered in foam with a massive motor breathing fire on it while being shot with 5 sniper rifles. lol
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 14th July 2017 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by TechAUmNu View Post
    I would think most are not designed to be in an airtight metal box covered in foam with a massive motor breathing fire on it while being shot with 5 sniper rifles. lol
    Sounds like a good test. MAKE IT SO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    Sound like a good test. MAKE IT SO !!!
    Know somewhere with some 50cals in the UK? (Or do I just borrow carbide)

Quote Originally Posted by TechAUmNu View Post
    Know somewhere with some 50cals in the UK? (Or do I just borrow carbide)
    oh you ment anti material rifles, hmm don't know anyone but carbide might just be the next best thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pinski1 View Post
    Lets see it working before you try and value engineer it. At this point you've not produced anything and are already inspecting the eggs for blemishes.
    First boards are ordered so we shall see what happens! Although it will likely take several revisions to get it right.

Register To Comment