Register To Comment
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 300A VESC in the works, feature suggestions wanted

That's a beefy looking esc. Following with interest (having just spent a kidney on a couple LEMs).

Quote Originally Posted by Eidg View Post
    Hello

looks very interesting, which is the actual size and weight?
    Its roughly 800g with no cables. Dimensions are 110x105x30mm

Quote Originally Posted by Eidg View Post
    Thank you which price are you actually looking for?
    If Rory gives me the green light from his testing this week, they will be on sale for the first batch of preorders on Monday 19th February at a special introduction price of £400 each.

A VESC6 is £300, a Vex Victor BB is about £450 and the closest 250A MGM controller is around £700 and only supports 15s instead of 18s. So I think its a very good price.

I have a model, but need to update it a little before sending it to people. Will clean it up and send it out tonight.

Here is the link to the model as a step file. I can export it in other formats if people want it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_dd...ew?usp=sharing

I now have a Revolt 160 Short for testing (thanks maddox10) and an Etek on the way to use as a generator. Should be able to do some good testing up to 18s 300A and make sure nothing explodes.

Its also a good opportunity to test its ability to drive large DC motors as an alternative to a Vex Victor BB. Which would mean you can switch between brushed and brushless with relative ease.

With the experience in reprogramming smaller brushless ESC's for brushed applications, I forsee a golden future for the Euan 300A VESC.
    Some of us like the power of the inefficiënt, but dirt cheap Series Wound motors...
    And an ESC controlling a parallel wound motor has only 3 wires... I wonder...

Register To Comment