Register To Comment
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 300A VESC in the works, feature suggestions wanted

Its running at 12v due to the better availability of dc-dc converters at that voltage. Although since the 12v supply is off board I could change it to 15v or higher if needs be.

Ah ok 12v will be plenty. I usually use an adjustable dc-dc converter so I can tune the drive voltage once I've got it running.

First quote for the laser cut copper came back at £75 per set from daysteel.co.uk. Still waiting to hear back from other companies.

At that price I would be better to cnc cut them myself.

Have also asked for a quote from KCut since copper is much easier to waterjet.
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 25th July 2017 at 12:47.

For prototyping at least, why not bend some really heavy duty copper wire to shape? Its cheap 'n easy to get started with.

I do have some copper wire already but I would rather test with something close to the final design. Since the heatsink contacts the copper it needs to be flat.

I sent a quote to lasermaster but they are still to get back to me.

Graham over at GSD Tech should be able to help you with most things we've used him for a lot of our custom parts with great success - graham@gsdtechnologies.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    Graham over at GSD Tech should be able to help you with most things we've used him for a lot of our custom parts with great success - graham@gsdtechnologies.co.uk
    Thanks, I sent him a message and he got back to me on it.

In other news, the 10 prototype pcbs have finished being manufactured and are on the way to me.
    unnamed.jpg

I recently found a local outfit to me to be very reasonable water cutting pricing wise, www.poseidonengineering.com

Their minimum invoice value is £40

First batch of components have been ordered! Should arrive some time next week. Has enough of the expensive parts to do 2 boards for prototyping and enough passives to last a lifetime. (Total of 33356 components lol)
    mouser order.png
    Got some 0.3mm solder and a couple of programmable bench power supplies. To make my life easier.

Also got some of these nice big thermal pads
    http://eu.mouser.com/search/ProductD...67-PL-2-1-1016

Will be contacting lasermaster on monday to tell them to go ahead with the copper bus bars.

As of now the BOM is basically complete and comes to £180 per board for 100 boards. Including power and logic boards (Not including assembly), heatsink and thermal pad and lasercut copper bus bars.

Register To Comment