Register To Comment
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 300A VESC in the works, feature suggestions wanted

The A200S is a 200A 16S ESC, based upon the VESC®*-Project.
    * VESC is a registered TM, owned by Benjamin Vedder

The A200S is now open for pre-orders!

Preorders are going to be ordered on the 5th March if all goes well. Meaning they will be shipped out in the middle of April.

Preorder price is £400 /unit for everything (Heatsink, connectors, cables, extra capacitor board) + shipping.

If you need any changes to the heatsink, like threaded mounting holes, then I can do them for free.

I will repair any that are damaged at the price of the parts and shipping. Plus a small free depending how long they take (less than £20 max).

If you would like to pre-order then please send me a pm.
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 23rd February 2018 at 15:52. Reason: More info + Trademark

Shut up and take my money.
    PM send

Could an admin please rename this thread to "A200S ESC - based upon the VESC®-Project"

Can you post the full specs?

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver View Post
    Can you post the full specs?
    The full specs are on the first post of the thread. I will make a proper infographic soon.

Here they are again:

• 18 FET design
    • Weight ~800g (Will weigh again when I have a finished one)
    • Dimensions 110x105x30mm
    • Waterjet 3mm copper bus bars
    • Waterjet 10mm thick aluminium heatsinks (Stackable)
    • 8AWG cables for input and output, with choice of 8mm bullets or lugs.
    • STM32f405 Cortex M4 microcontroller
    • 6x 100v 1000uF High-Ripple United Chemi-Con Capacitors EKZN101ELL102MM40S (0.017Ohm)
    • TVS protected 5v rail, suppied from receiver
    • 15-75v rating, 16s LiPo maximum (Rating at 80v (90v maximum) on the current shunt amps, so need a bit of margin to account for ringing/transients
    • 200A (13.4kW@16s) continuous for a few minutes
    • 300A (20kW@16s) burst for a few seconds
    • All standard VESC® features (CAN, SPI, Encoder/Hall support)
    • Same amazing VESC® performance with sensorless motors.
    • Designed specifically for combat use. Absolutely no heavy components on the boards which might fall off with shock.
    • Each unit is hand built and will be rigorously tested before sale using a range of motors. (100W, 2200w, 5300w, 9800W) If I have the motor you will be using then I can set it up for you before sending it.

Testing status:
    Current tests:
    100A continuous - Works fine.
    130A continuous - Works fine.
    150A continuous - Works fine.
    200A continuous - Motor got too hot after 40s, will try again with Revolt motor.
    300A burst - Will try with Revolt motor after connecting to Etek as a generator.

ERPM Tests:
    120000ERPM - Works fine.

VESC features:
    BLDC - Works fine.
    FOC - Works fine.
    DC -
    Etek testing to follow.

I/O:
    PPM input - Works fine.
    CANBus - Works fine.
    ADC input -
    Works fine.

Motor Tracking:
    Sensorless tracking - Works fine.
    Hall Sensors -
    Works fine.
    Encoder -
    Testing to follow.

Motors tested:
    Turnigy Rotomax 1.2 (1.9kW) - Works fine.
    Turnigy Rotomax 50cc (5.3kW) - Works fine.
    Turnigy Rotomax 150cc (9.8kW) - Works fine.
    Revolt RV160SH 58KV (8/15kW) - Works fine.
    Last edited by TechAUmNu; 20th February 2018 at 19:15.

Working on a motor-generator pair to do some high power testing, consists of a Revolt RV160SH and an Etek-R. Any ideas what to use as a load on the Etek? Was thinking just a load of enamelled wire in a bucket of water would work.

Better using something that has a fixed rate. Like 50W car headlight halogen bulbs. Then you can add more load incremental.

I use steel fence wire wrapped round a ceramic core in a bucket of water... don't want it too low resistance or most of the heat will be released in the ETEK
    Last edited by Rapidrory; 21st February 2018 at 11:39.

All parts are now ordered to the generator setup, should be able to get it running this weekend.

Forgot to post the picture of the new heatsink vs old. This new one actually lets you plug in things!

Got the motor-generator setup done today so was doing some proper testing! I can safely say its a beast, the LiPos were screaming.

This was after about 30 minutes of absolutely thrashing it. The load was about 9.5kW at 12S. Its quite cool to watch the wire move as the current increases . The beeping is our battery monitor telling us the voltage had dropped below 3.8V from 4.2V...

Register To Comment