Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robot wars filming Glasgow next week queries please guys

inq125
    Hi all,

I was lucky enough to grab a few tickets for robot wars being filmed next wednesday, Were all massively excited to be going and if its ok i have a few queries please guys..

I got the last days tickets on hopes it might be the final, is this a safe assumption as we have never been before and have no idea how robot wars works beyond marvelling from the other side of a t.v, and robots live at the nec.. once.. two years ago ><

also just wondering how child friendly it is? little man is 4, and i intend to take ear defenders either way but would love a bit more insight as again ive never been before

Now we have 8 tickets to both the morning and afternoon showing, but only require 6, so if ANYONE WANTS TWO TICKETS to both the morning and afternoon showing i can pass you mine and my partners mobile numbers and meet you there, althought from the ticket description weve just got premium entry and you'll likely still get a seat once the premium entry times up? again not sure how it works.

And mainly..

How likely is it id get to have a chat with any robot builders at a robot wars event? would love to pick up some tips and wrack some brains for my build but i wouldn't want to detract away from the day.

Hope any of you lovely people can help, kind regards, Daniel

Redirect Left
    I've also got two tickets and me and a friend are heading up, we've got Monday PM, hopefully an AM but still pending on Lost In TVs reply. So i'll be watching this thread as it'll be the first time i'm doing it too!
    I might have some questions of my own later on after i think about it more...

Last day of filming should be final stuff, as obviously it's filmed in order. Remember to wrap up warm, as its a fairly drafty and cold warehouse, which is why some CO2 lines froze up last series / things weren't as powerful as it could have been.
    Lost In TV suggested only taking children if you're confident they'll be OK with the noise and loud environment of the crowd and robots.
    Last edited by Redirect Left; 9th May 2017 at 21:32.

@inq125 - I am on the hunt for at least one ticket for the Wednesday AM show only - need to check if anyone else in my group who has the Wednesday PM show already is up in Glasgow that early.

Child-friendly? - there are lots of breaks in recordings, but be warned - the recordings are very noisy. The noise levels are very edited for TV!

Going off the last two times, as a rule, Premium tickets are guaranteed entry until the time stated on the ticket. Beyond that, it's a bit of a free-for-all.

You are unlikely to get a chance to chat with any roboteers in Glasgow. If you happen to get lucky and they've been knocked out of the competition but are still sticking around until the final, they may be in the stands - I happened to get a chat with some of the Concussion guys, Wendy from Team Toon, and a couple of others last time but purely by the fact I happened to end up sat next to them.

Your best bet for having a chat with robot builders in person (that I know of) is going to be an Extreme Robots VIP ticket. The time you'll get to have a chat isn't long (and we've got robots to fix during the show as well), but it should be long enough to ask some targeted questions.

Otherwise - ask this very forum. We are all people who want to help new builders get into this slightly insane game of smashing stuff up.

Scratch that - my Wednesday AM requirements are now fulfilled

inq125
    aha ok dude thanks alot!!

Well if things change let me know the tickets are here either way

cheers again Chris

Of course, Daniel, there are some of us who are roboteers who will be at the filming because we didn't apply/didn't qualify/whatever. So if you want to find me and have a chat with me about building these monsters, PM me and I'll work something out.

Redirect Left
    Just got back to the hotel after 12 hours at the arena, did both AM & PM sessions. Very interesting and fun day, and I ended up seeing the final match, and four leading up to it, no spoilers though don't worry!

I went on Sunday morning - I can only say I'm absolutely dying to see the full series when it comes out. Saw some really cool stuff.

Redirect Left
    No idea his name, but the guy doing interval entertainment and chatting to audience cracked me up a few times. Funny guy, really added to experience.

Oh I know! He was there in the Series 2/9 filming when I went for the grand final. Hilarious guy, wish he was on the show.

Register To Comment