Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 regulator

Londonboii
    Anyone have a CO2 regulator for sale?

Or have a link to one that's reasonably priced?

Thanks

Londonboii
    Can anyone give me some advice on this please?

I bought this one from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but it seems to regulate the flow rather than pressure. So it takes forever to refill the system and seems to just go to the output pressure of the tank, which is way too high.

I have to warn you that the more affordable*, industrial regulators can't handle liquid CO2.
    And that the standard brass/bronze construction makes them very heavy.

* think +/- £80

Londonboii
    Which regulator would you recommend?

Judging from the gauge looks like you bought a high pressure regulator, if you're running a low pressure system that's no good for you. Flow through any regulator will be low so you cannot rely upon it to quickly extend a ram, for that to happen you will need a buffer tank and other things....but that's a long story.... non industrial compact and lightweight regulators are paintball stuff

Londonboii
    The regulator doesn't do the job that's for sure.

I have a buffer tank and the system is set up except for the regulator. Which I can't find. Googling co2 regulators finds many different types. Ones for welding, aquariums, plants etc.

I am just wondering what regulators people use in their featherweight, so I don't get another one that doesn't do what it needs to.

Non, I went FP in all the machines.

Also, there is an alternative that is lighter and a tad cheaper than an industrial regulator. But I never used that in a feather.

But if you want my opinion, best to use a very small regulator for welding. And adapt the hell out of it to get the weight and size down.

First thing you have to decide on is what pressure you are going to run...I'm going to assume you are running a low pressure system 8bar max. I have run similar system using a paintball regulator which plugs directly onto a paintball bottle. The linked regulator is similar to what I have used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paintball-Co...0AAOSwg3FUoDEF
    Dirt cheap and functional. There are other similar more expensive options such as this http://www.ebay.com/itm/CO2-Paintbal...YAAOSwax5Ys-w-

Hello

I bought a 10 bar nitrogen regulator off ebay. If i over tighten it it gives me about 13 bar output. It cost about £15. It came with 2 guages, one for the high pressure side and one for the low pressure side. I took both these off and blanked them off with hydraulic caps. Be warned you will have to fit a high pressure 1000psi relief valve on the high side of the regulator (unless you screw the regulator directly into the bottle)

The classic "Trevor Regulators" are the only ones I've used in FWs and HWs. They're tiny and screw straight onto the bottle so eliminate the need for a FP PRV. I don't use them in FWs anymore, they're FP now but I want to keep at least one spare for Rusty but I'll see if I have any more that I could part with.

Register To Comment