Register To Comment

Thread: Original Style Argos 12V Motor/Gearboxes

Does anyone happen to have any of the original style 12V Argos value drill motor/gearboxes that they would like to sell? Doesn't matter if it is the complete drill, or just the motor and gearbox with either the clutch locked off or not so long as it works. I originally bought 2 for my 2wd bot but testing today has found one of them to have an intermittent fault so I have already used my only spare and now Argos no longer sell them.

To be clear I am talking about the old style 12V drills that sold with the NiMh battery and NOT the recent replacement with the Li-Po battery which Alex reviews here.

Cheers.

Or knows anywhere that still sells that style... Where I got mine from has stopped selling them. The cheap 12v Powerbase drills from Homebase!!?

I could do with a few spares as I now have none left, I don't fancy replacing all four (plus spares) with the new £20 Argos ones?!?!

Just curious, what's the nature of the intermittent fault? It's a very basic arrangement, so if the motor and its brushes are not damaged, there's nothing else to behave intermittently on them.

When motor mount Mk1 failed, the motor spun and twisted up the wired that are attached to it. This damaged the area where the tab (that the wire solders on to) goes through the back end cover and connects to the brush. I cleaned it up as best I could but its pretty loose and I don't trust it to hold up in battle.

sidenote, if it just the motor that is damaged, why not just swap that out ?

EDIT: like this

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/rs-550-m...6249oz-in.html
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 28th May 2017 at 17:46.

Ah, thanks for that, I'll get the motor specs and order a replacement. If anyone has the motor/gearboxes I'm still looking for a couple, more spares is never a bad thing

Register To Comment