Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FW Spinner Advice please :-)

Check ebay. There are dozens of pulleys etc available.

Adam I tend to find HPC are pricey compared to others and their quality recently can leave a lot to be desired.

If you are welding the pulley onto the disc then make sure it's bang on centered.

Wouldn't bother with more than 1 as it will be more than enough for a featherweight. The other issue you might have with V belts is the size of the small pulley as they typically don't like to go around very small radii. I'd consider small timing belts as another option.

Bolts, keyways, clamping mechanisms are all potential methods to attach the pulley. The disadvantage with welding is that it's a nightmare to remove the pulley from the weapon if you have to.

Rite then. Had some time and have come up with this weapon assembley design.
    please excuse the rather amateur drawing. I did try it on solid works but I don't know it well enough yet, so was taking far to long.
    drawing is to exact scale.

IMG_5491.jpg.

Live shaft Weapon key

Shaft is 25mm grade 2 titanium (which I already have)
    Rest is as followed

A- 6mm bolts to keep retaining disc in place
    B- 2mm thick 40mm diameter stainless steel retaining disc to make sure steel bushes don't come out of bulkhead
    C- Bulkhead made from 25mm aluminium (I think)
    D- HDPE washer/spacer
    E- 25mm shaft collar (bottom half of it welded to disc)
    F- Removable tooth (optional / not sure yet)
    G- Disc 30mm thick, 200mm tooth to tooth diameter
    H- 68mm v-pulley with hub. Mounted to shaft with 4 grub screws that also sink into shaft 2 or 3mm
    I-25mm wrapped steel bushing / plain

IMG_5492.jpg IMG_5493.jpg

So what's the verdict?? Completely rubbish or ok? lol

I think your assembly will be too heavy. 30mm thick hardox disc at that diameter will take most of your weight even with huge holes in it. 25mm bulkheads I'll be surprised if you can fit in there too.

Register To Comment