Register To Comment

Thread: Spinner balance / stability

Rain426
    Hi all! Complete newbie here, working on my first beetleweight. Only ever done RC cars and planes before, which is simple compared to this! I have come up with a rough idea of how the spinner on my beetleweight will be mounted, but just wanted some feedback regarding strength and balance. I have got a rough sketch that I have just knocked up in MSPaint (work PC doesn't have anything better on it). This will be a vertical spinner.

Red is the blade itself.
    Blue is the hub, which I will turn out of aluminium, and the blade will be bolted to.
    Grey is the bearings.
    Orange is the spindle.
    Green is the pulley (belt driven) which will be fixed to the hub from the other side.

Picture is not anywhere near scale. First impressions? If its complete junk, say so and I will go back to the drawing board

spinner.JPG

Cheers!

Ian

Rain426
    Thanks Jack, much appreciated. Good to know I am at least on the right track I have had a couple of bits delivered, speed controller and battery. Motor is on the way. The speed controller is a Turnigy AE-30A, and I have got a Turnigy 3S 11.4V 850mAh battery pack. Hopefully these will do the trick? The motor I have ordered is this one: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ntm-prop...___store=en_us - this is all just for the spinner. I understand for a 2wd system I will need a dual-motor speed controller, so will look for this later

Rain426
    Thanks Jack, thats awesome. I was at the Burgess Hill event as a spectator, Beetleweights were a highlight for me, utter madness!

Register To Comment