Hey All

So, me and my teammate (my brother in law) are going started building a featherweight, a Hammer bot by the name of Blacksmith.

We have already got 2 REC gearboxes (24:1 550), a Turnigy Graphene Battery 2200 Turnigy TGY-I6

So this is the design we are planning,

Project Blacksmith.png

the front side and corners are planned to be 4 mm HARDOX of some grade (realistically 450 500 ) at a 45-degree angle, The rear and internal bracing is planned to be 10mm HDPE with the base and raised part of the top armour being 8mm.

The hammerhead will also be made out of 4mm HARDOX with the shaft being made out of aluminium 6082 with the A frame being made out of beryllium aluminium alloy (had some laying around.....) with 8 layers (4 each side)
being bolted together each layer would be about 1.5mm thick with a 15mm square bar at each end (like what you can get from Ranglebox).

We planning to use a 350-watt scooter motor to power the hammer might be able to find a 450-watt version if we order from the US.

The Electronics currently look like a pair of Electronize FR15HX (got them for free of a work mate) for the drive and a Botbitz 30a for the weapon, however, we are not sure that it is enough.

Here is the current planned internal layout
Project Blacksmith (without armour.png
The weight I have calculated to be around 11.5 Kg

Any feedback is very welcomed.

(skechup Files below)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/popepaj57p...smith.skp?dl=0