Register To Comment
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Blacksmith

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    All looks great to me. If it were my bot, the only thing I'd be worried about would be horizontals riding up those side skirts and clipping the wheels, but there aren't a whole lot about in FW at the moment I don't think, so you're probably just fine.
    Yeah I did think about that but from the front it shouldn't be too bad as it that plow is planned to be 6mm Hardox. i did make some designs which did protect the wheels but they added complexty and looked plumb ugly =P

Quote Originally Posted by TechAUmNu View Post
    If you are looking for shockmounts then PolyMax has pretty much every size ever.

https://www.polymax.co.uk/anti-vibra...-bobbin-mount/
    Thanks for the Link, do they have any information about how much they weigh as i cannot find it unless i'm being a muppet and it's right in front of us.
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 26th October 2017 at 09:41.

They don't list the weight, but if you can make them in cad you can roughly estimate them I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TechAUmNu View Post
    They don't list the weight, but if you can make them in cad you can roughly estimate them I guess.
    time rough over guesstermation! this is gonna be fun in Sketch up

at my current build speed.......... 2077 =P

I am aiming for 95% completion ( everything bar hardox cut part ) end of this year.

planning to do some more work on the bot this afternoon but spent a bit of this morning working on REC model for sketchup. pretty confendent it accurate.

you can find it on the 3d warehouse or a dropbox I am planning to set up.

LINK

REC Gearbox + RS550 motor .png

EDIT: added Image

EDIT2: adding Dropbox link
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 11th November 2017 at 13:06.

Done some work on the bot, mounted the moters to the sides and base plate and did some test driving.

(crowbar is for ballast)

just need to do a load of fab work on the mounting blocks and we are not too far from a functional bot.

well I missed my target, damn flu and wet weather, gotten some bits done just need to bolt stuff together really. So, in the meantime I got my head around Fusion 360 and copied Blacksmith across from Sketchup.

Capture 2.PNG

So, as I have copied into 360 I thought I make some improvements from problems I have noted thus far. I standardised the thickness of HDPE and I also made it a tad longer, so I could move the drive motors back, move the battery to behind the front brace as well as most of electronics, this will hopefully keep the nose down and improve handling.

Capture.PNG
    Also, have had a little idea of using magnetic limit switches with an Arduino or something in the axe mechanism to act as end stops which allows me to us a switch on my transmitter making driving the bot easier.

But I first need to finish this one…

share link http://a360.co/2CKcPuC
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 22nd January 2018 at 11:59. Reason: updating link

Register To Comment