Register To Comment
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Blacksmith

made it myself, pain the utter arse so time consuming but works well

So I got round do some more tests

working well, hammer looks like it should hit preatty hard (although got a new goal for future robots heheh)

Drive as well as I thought it would. So that will require some fixing (a wheelly bar style thing)

But if you may of notices (espicelly with the hammer test) it is cutting out. This is due to the removelable link.

IMG_20180304_133149.jpgIMG_20180304_133223.jpg
    I must be drawing too much amps that or they are el-cheapo knockoff but would be making a duel connecter be the best plan?

Side note would this satisfy the Cradle requirement?

IMG_20180304_134859.jpgIMG_20180304_134832.jpgIMG_20180304_134840.jpg

If not i shall work on something better.

Lastly a quick photo of the battery.
    IMG_20180304_133228.jpg

Anyway planning which events I can get too.

That looks at first glance like arcing - is the XT60 a snug fit? The plus in the male side can be widened with a precision screwdriver (with power off of course!) which would make the pin connection tighter. I've had to do that a few times on the connectors in Battleaxe which are XT60, it's a very similar setup but doesn't draw excessive current. What fuse rating are you using?

EDIT: I would probably replace that connector pair altogether!
    Last edited by qbnut; 4th March 2018 at 19:25.

Damn was gonna do it energized while in a earthed steel container fuil of salt water

100a fuse, it was a snug fit looks like the metal inside the connecter (brass?) melted down into the connector resulting a lose connection.

IMG_20180304_192152.jpg
    Old left new right

I shall make a new Link and try again tomorrow maybe.

You will get a bit of arcing on a link when you plug it in anyway (unless you have a 'pre-charge' link) but I would be surprised if that alone would be enough to reduce the connector to a point where it is not making good contact. Possibly just a duff connector, so worth making a new one to try.

Re: the cradle, it looks fine. As long as it prevents the robot's wheels from touching the ground and it is stable (i.e. give the robot a shake and it doesn't fall off) then it's good.

Well things where looking good.
    Link modifications work great and does not shake loose both on old and new links.

Axe has some power, bent a 8mm? (didnt measure it) mild steel, old lenght of cutter bar
    IMG_20180305_191834.jpg

But now the bad bit. I think i have damaged the weapon motor as it does not sound heathly

Can it be saved or should just invest in a new one (+ plus a spare)

Team Kaizen

Does sound horribly bearing related. I guess there isn't a gearbox attached to this one?

I'd be inclined to leave it for the moment, get to an event and then see how well it is doing during/afterwards, 8mm steel is fairly beefy stuff, I doubt there'll be much with that sort of armour running at the moment, especially up on top in a world of spinners.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Sounds like a dead bearing or a winding coming out of the slots.

Both can be repaired tough.

Ok, better them i feared. I shall take it apart this weekend and have a look at the damage

It could be a magnet slipped from the case thats brushing up against a winding internally.

Register To Comment