Register To Comment
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Blacksmith

Hello everybody! So little has happened due a redesign, after seeing it party has made me lose come confidence soo this is what the current revised version looks like.Untitled.png
    major differences are that the front armour is much thicker now. it is planned to be 8mm acting as both A) proper thick armour and B) a counter weight to help keep the CoM over wheels. Also the base is now 6082 Alu. the Black and white parts in the image are a HDPE. side uprights rear and front covers are 12mm. the axe braces are 20mm and the wheels covers will probably end up as 2 layers of 5mm (as I don't really have any straight 10mm left)

this version should sit around 13.192 kg with the 8mm HARDOX front.
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 16th July 2017 at 08:56.

Today is "interesting" my order from Aluminum Warehouse arrive. Yah. It was meant to be a 4mm base plate and two 2 meter lengths of 12mm square bar (smallest order)

It was partly wrong. Boo. Got four 2 meter lengths and no plate.

Call them up turns out that the plate is still with them they posting it express and it get to keep the extra Bar. Yah.

Soo I got 8 meters of 6082 square bar....... what to do....

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Nourse View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, how are you controlling the weapon motor? We've been thinking about building a hammer robot too but can't think how to make the weapon fire and then return in an efficient manner on the controller! Love the design by the way, looks tough as hell
    A botbitz 85a v2

http://ranglebox.com/product/botbitz...2-brushed-esc/

quick update,

How I am planning the internals to sit,

The front 2 ECS (30A ones) are going to be strapped to the front bulkhead

IMG_20170805_110520.jpg

well did some testing and i have come across a problem.

as you see from this video, when i try to go forward (drive motors to the front) it drives fine forwards at low speeds but as soon as I a give it full power it spins out. it is fine in revearse soo im not too sure what it causing this.

Sounds like the esc are slightly different setup, are they programmable ones at all? They may have their topend output different. Note they direction they spin in at top speed and then swap the esc over to see if it makes the robot spin the other direction. This will narrow it down to the esc.

they are the botsbits 30 amps, that could be the problem thinking about it more as when i was using some Electronize FR15HX I didnt have any issues, I might have to test that tomorrow.

It's a combination of weight distribution and having your drive motors at the front. I can't remember the exact explanation behind it but basically robots with front mounted drive wheels are much harder to control. Most robots have their wheels either centered or rear of centre for better control, and most of them won't go in a straight line in reverse, they'll pull to one side like yours does in forward.

Once you add all the armour and more weight in front of the wheels it may improve

Register To Comment