Register To Comment
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Blacksmith

Looking good! It looks tantalisingly close to being done. Do you reckon it will be ready for a live show soon?

should be

Team Kaizen

Looks very tidy - I wouldn't worry too much about the centre of gravity at the moment, getting it all working is the first big step
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

well i have fitted the weapon drive chain, but the chain breaker kit I order for the job, the pin mushroomed and jammed, so that is getting returned.

Anyone know a good chain breaker for 8mm chain (05b or #30) or would punches be my best bet

I just use a small hex bit and a vice. Bit fiddly but works.

Anglegrind the mushroomed pin flat, that should help driving it out. Infortunatly, that makes reuse of that pin inpossible.

So realistically if i get off my arse Blacksmith (seriously considering of nameing it bodgesmith) should be ready tomorrow.

Got a 3d printed jig allowing for me to cut the alu closer to my required spec so that allowed me to mount the front armour plate much quicker and easier.

Only items left are createing and mounting the side, top and angled front HDPE which should be easy enough.

IMG_20180225_202320.jpgIMG_20180225_202703.jpg

Just got three question.

Weapon retaining bar, is a screwdriver good enough? To be honest I am planning to get a m5x150 bolt and weld a handle on it but having a idea of a backup is nice.

What type of foam packing do people use round their batteries to help them not move?

haven't driven in anger just yet, but if the Center of mass is too far back, would adding a wheel bar type thing to force the nose down be a useful thing ??
    Last edited by Maxamuslead; 25th February 2018 at 21:03.

Team Kaizen

Weapon retaining bar, is a screwdriver good enough? To be honest I am planning to get a m5x150 bolt and weld a handle on it but having a idea of a backup is nice.
    I've definitely seen meaty screwdrivers being used in the Beetleweight category to stop spinners. So long as it is as thick as a M5 bolt as you are planning, I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

What type of foam packing do people use round their batteries to help them not move?
    I use Sainsbury shopping bags in mine plus the batteries are in a LiPo bag anyway. Works fine for my application.

haven't driven in anger just yet, but if the Center of mass is too far back, would adding a wheel bar type thing to force the nose down be a useful thing ??
    Try driving it around in anger first but personally, I think you'll be OK as is.

Well i failed to get it done yesterday, Im going to blame the weather....

IMG_20180227_080352.jpg

Just make 4 more alu mount blocks and cut out some HDPE and bobs your uncle.

Team Kaizen

Out of curiosity, where did you get the threaded bar from?

Register To Comment