Register To Comment
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Blacksmith

Glad it seems to be going well Katch. You mean 250 lbs, not kilos, right?

inq125
    what speed controllers that if you dont mind my asking? looking to run a similar set up, 2x 24vs 1000ws running at 36.. the rewire of the motors is a good idea, never thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Glad it seems to be going well Katch. You mean 250 lbs, not kilos, right?
    Ha !! no actually i am planning on testing as if i had another bot on top of me.. is that bad !! .... i got told its better to testing to breaking point......

But thank you yes, things are ticking along nicely.
    Last edited by katch; 28th May 2017 at 21:41.

Quote Originally Posted by inq125 View Post
    what speed controllers that if you dont mind my asking? looking to run a similar set up, 2x 24vs 1000ws running at 36.. the rewire of the motors is a good idea, never thought of that
    This speed controller was cheapish, but also has a constant fan, its modular so you can add speed controllers to add drive wheels and split the load really quickly leaving each esc to look after each pair of wheels.

I wanted to over volt so its range of 7v - 45v was perfect and 60 amps i did think would be enough constant.

I looked about but for the money i couldn't beat these... So i bought 2 they have a lot features i like... since i am learning and scooter motors are not going to kill it, it works extremely well with a DX6i.

There will be a few that think its underrated i'm sure, but its not my long term ESC, i am planning on other bots this is my learning curve bot. I'll spend much more money WHEN i have some experience

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/smartdri...or-driver.html

I am no expert mind, like you this is a trial and error experience !

Oh I see about the 250kg thing - that's actually a good idea! Yeah certainly if it's fine with towing 250kg, I'm sure it should be fine in the arena!

Quick Update, As i wait for the weapon chain system to arrive i have been trying to improve the design and with talking with my brother in law we came up with some modifications. Thicken up some of the bulkhead to 12mm HDPE and we are planning to run some threaded Alu bar to act as struts to strengthen the bot and save from using some bolts. Below is some images which will show you what mean and also allow you to point out flaws.
    Project Blacksmith v3 fOUNT.pngProject Blacksmith v3 left.pngProject Blacksmith v3 rear.jpgProject Blacksmith v3 right .png

Also been working on the Hammer which should be made of 8mm Hardox not sure what type though

it is light side at 845.545 grams if the maths are right, but if I have some weight budget left I could easily order some side plates for it and weld them on.

Project Blacksmith v3 Hammer.png

So new update, not much is really going to happen this weekend due to sheep shearing (joys of living on a farm) and family coming to visit so nothing really that practical, MIGHT be able to test the hammer mechanism but depends on time.

on a side note need to input. We are not which layout to choice A or B

A is our current design with the Steel Sides which should in around
    13.14 KG

Blacksmith v3.7a.png

OR

B which had a thicker front plate ( 5mm over 4mm) but the sides are now 5mm HDPE (i now really thin) but should be a load lighter at
    12.64 kg which we could use to add armour, bigger battery, bigger hammer.

Blacksmith v3.7a.png

Both the have plus and minus so i wouldnt mind some outside input

BONUS PHOTO my RUBBISH TEST BEDS !!! (drive and flatpack hammer)

20170610_205905.jpg

Well I did get some time for some driving so here a video. Needs a load more practice and need to tweak the mixing and trim settings

Soo i have finally started building, proper

20170625_152135.jpg20170625_152141.jpg20170625_152147.jpg

Still need to cut out some slots and weight holes out of these panels as well as all the bolt holes but i gives a better idea of the footprint but still it is nice to see something physical.

Register To Comment