Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a 3D printer

Looking at their youtube page, i can see it being a very budget printer and results may be ok, not amazing,
    Mechanically it just feels a bit too cheap IMO

Flashforge printers have a good rep.
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 16th November 2017 at 13:36.

Thanks - and for £100 more you can get The basic Flashforge I see. So message is save your money.

Back to the original question, depends what you want to 3D print with it.

My budget go to recommendation for FDM printing these days is the CR-10. A solid machine that once set up is a hit the button and leave it machine. The stock hot end will struggle with nylons and anything really high temperature but for most purposes, the base machine will do the job grand.

I guess also, what are you wanting to print on it for your heavyweight? brackets for electronics or wanting to print gears?

if this is all you want it for, then yes you can, remember, that some printers are not enclosed, so you may want to stick to PLA, or build a chamber for your printer to go in.

I'm afraid to say you aren't going to be using a 3D printer to make usable pulleys for a featherweight. Beetle is pushing it. Ant weights love 3D printed bits. Unless you are using something fancy from mark forged (v expensive machines with similarly expensive materials), the parts simply wouldn't be strong enough.

The odd bracket or custom casing for electronics is where they are handy. Beyond that, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    So to print using ABS I need an enclosed printer?
    Absolutely not, just make sure you're using a good heat bed surface like PEI and in a not so draughty area. I've been printing for years now on an enclosed printer with ABS and haven't had any major issues.

Register To Comment