Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a 3D printer

wanhao i3

You won't go wrong with it. Easy to set up, doesn't cost the earth but will produce good prints.

All 3D printers use STL files (we will ignore the high end closed systems). Standard file format that is output from all CAD software.

There are a few slicers (the program that takes the STL file and converts it to the code the printer uses). Cura is one of the free ones. I use simplify 3D but it costs a bit of cash.

Depends on your budget, the pruse mk3new one is amazing and has many features that stop failures. But this is £699 for the kit.
    My experience with the wanhao i3 is that there needs to be some upgrades in order to get it to print great, like a better titan hotend etc.
    I run a prusa i2 homemade, wanhao 4s and now a Moai the 4s is good, but again, i need to upgrade the dual extruders for great prints and great prints in Nylon. stock extruder works ok with nylons.

My wife told me about this - 3D printer from ALDI for £300!
    She asked if it would be any good for my robots - anyone heard of the Balco 3D printer touch before?
    Someone posted its a i3 clone in this review of a Australian version but looks similar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathly Hallows View Post
    My wife told me about this - 3D printer from ALDI for £300!
    She asked if it would be any good for my robots - anyone heard of the Balco 3D printer touch before?
    Someone posted its a i3 clone in this review of a Australian version but looks similar
    Their product demo video really needs to be removed. at 33 seconds, the example print shown printing looks terrible!

I agree - the demo print is truly awful, yet the 'finished' items shown in the stills look good, no holes or bumps. Do you think the stills are photoshopped or objects polished; or that they were deliberately printing a low density/quality object just to have fast printing? Guess no way to know unless we hear from anyone who actually has one.

Register To Comment