Register To Comment

Thread: Esc

Team Gremlin
    Hi guys, have any of you on here had any experience with the 4QD speed controllers?.. they seem cheap so are they any good or reliable ect? Cheers

I have used VTX 75 24v ESC from 4QD in the past, but not used any of their new stuff. were very popular back in early robot wars.
    They were great then, and assume they are still.

Edit - the VTX are now obsolete

Hi yes
    I got lent a pair of 4qds to use on the Wall/chimera they lasted one battle before the
    circuit designated for the left side blew-I was using them on low ampage wheelchair
    motors and I was dissapointed-guess they won't cope with bosche 850 or higher.
    Save up and buy a roboteq or use home made relays is my advice.

Thats the name i was trying to remember... they were popular in early robotwars before ROBOTEQ appeared.

They will do a good job but they are not robot friendly - you need a radio control interface as well as a controller for each side (they will only control one motor each) which adds up to a lot of expense and complexity, as well as space - a dual channel Vantec or something more modern like a Wotty will occupy less space, be simpler, and give you more current capacity - they also use a full H-bridge rather than relays to change direction (which my 4QDs have) so will be slightly more responsive as well.

wotty, roboteq or if you have the right setup, a ragebridge are all better modern equivalents. I'd not bother with 4qd or flog em on ebay if you have em.

Register To Comment