Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How equal are Dill motors and gearboxs

Well I'm designing hammer/axe bot and I have been looking around for some motors and I saw this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131435563121?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageNa me=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are Black & Decker CD12C Type 1 without the battery,
    are these any good?

Thanks

(link the sketchup file if you interested in its design )
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uegmk7uo0...smith.skp?dl=0

No idea on quality but its a Good price (for me on a budget), I might just get a couple anyway!!

Are these for the drive or the axe?

well they will be for the drive, the design is changing, might be able to fit in a scooter motor in for that duty =P

Ah, yeah I was gonna say, people like to use scooter motors for FW axe bots.

Scooter motors, Do they make one with less than 24v??!?
    Running 12v motors for drive will burn them rather quickly on 24v. And you wouldn't want to run the axe motor on less!! But having two systems on two seperate batteries seems a waste of weight and room in a feather.
    Last edited by cjsowry; 8th April 2017 at 21:57.

hmm true, but don't most people run those drill motors at 18v?
    They do make 12v scooter motors but they look awful.

I ordered two and they arrived today. One had a broken gearbox, literally snapped in half. BUT the reason for ordering was the left thread screw. Its different to the others I have, but do fit. They have a star shaped screw thingy instead of a cross head. BUT the biggest problem is the head itself is smaller and doesn't lock the hex nut in place. I've got a washer that just seems to do the job, but I'm not convinced for the long haul. Going to take them apart tonight and salvage the other bits.

All my reverse-thread screws are on washers to hold the nut in place. They get a bit bent, but you should be fine if they're thick enough.

The two left screws I had to drill out, had squashed the washer beyond recognition. lol. There's that lad who might make some. Will possibly get better ones from him if he makes them. In the mean time....
    Got most of it apart, just the chuck to bash off. (kids are in bed). Why are the branded ones more difficult to take apart!?!?!??!
    What's this silver round thing? DSC_0549[1].jpg

Register To Comment