Register To Comment

Thread: Tentomoushi style robot

After marathoning the past 3 AWS, I've decided to make my own antweight for the upcoming AWS 52 as a side project while my FW slowly gets built. I have most of the parts necessary, and access to drills etc, so it should be pretty straightforward. I noticed most robots won by pushing or flipping other robots into the pit (or equivalent, whatever you want to call it), a few could flip other over the side (like that one looking like eruption with that new metal turningy servo) and spinners did damage in a few limited cases, but not much. But there were so many servo flippers. I'd say at least 70% of them were 2wd servo flippers. Don't get me wrong, they are a good design, but get a tad boring after a while. However I also noticed a lot were quite small to be more manoeuvrable, which lead me to come up with this design. It is a 2wd robot with most of its components at the back, and it has a plate that's on a hinge which is not at an angle. The other part is a servo operated lid that goes around the other robot and encloses them. The main issue with the original battlebots tentoumushi was that it had nothing underneath it, so robots could easily drive away. This will have both sides covered. I now have two options (since I have one channel left). I could either have another servo on the lid and a hook on the plate to act as a locking mechanism to the other robot can't escape, or a four toothed spinning disc. I'll probably pick the first one, or just make them interchangeable. I'll drive another onto the plate, with it sitting flush to the ground, close the lid, lock it in place, drive over to the pit, unlock it and the plate (being on a hinge) should drop, and the other robot as well.untitled.png Basically this with a plate underneath. I have the parts, aside from a second servo, brushless motor, speed controller for it, or disc, while I decide which one. I'd be running it on a sabretooth dual 5a, 6v NiMH, any two generic servos, and two 50:1 micro metal gearmotors.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

EDIT: After actually seeing how small it has to be, it won't work.
    Last edited by Theo; 10th April 2017 at 22:50.

Register To Comment