Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power rails

Hi,

REC Team is using the LITTELFUSE 150A since 2014, never had problems.
    http://pt.farnell.com/littelfuse/029...lay/dp/1354634

But you need to take in consideration the delay characteristics of all fuses, in our case the 150A (nominal) fuse will break after 100 seconds at 150A, ~500A for 1sec and instantly (0.01sec) break with 4000A!!

Thanks for your answers guys, I've ordered a 100A maxi fuse and holder, should be fine to replace my removable link too, and should end up being more well-protected. I doubt I'm ever going to be pushing more than 100A. Worst comes to the worst, I always have the stupidly big 400A to fall back on.

Guess I might as well ask while I'm here - will my lifter need any kind of safety retention bar? I'm expecting not because it's quite a slow electric lifter, but I suppose it could trap your fingers if you weren't careful. There's no pneumatics or anything.

I would take those charts with a pinch of salt for our applications, since we are normally using silicone cables and only running for very short lengths of time. Best bet is to try running at full tilt for a realistic amount of time and check how hot everything gets.

For example Triforce runs 6AWG silicone cable at about 400A (2x 150cc rotomax), but since it only pulls that for less than 10s it is fine, we use 2x 200A Mega fuses in parallel to protect from battery shorts.

Register To Comment