Register To Comment

Thread: Running Feathers at robot wars

Don't rush. They've decided not to involve feathers for Series 3 (or that's what I gleaned from the post) because of the time scale, what with the filming coming up so soon. They seemed to imply they're going to allow them in future series though.
    https://www.facebook.com/UKRobotWars...25930454237972

I'm not sure, I was hoping Robochallenge would announce their yearly championships, but it's getting on for April now, so I don't know. And yeah I know what you mean about that FB page. It's a bit unprofessional (for want of a better word) that they don't have a more official communication method. Relying on a third-party site like Facebook seems a little half-baked to me.

Insomnia 61 at the end of August is a possible time for the next Robochallenge Championships, but there is no official word yet.

the way it read when they said to just concentrate on your heavies, did seem to imply that they were to be add ons with teams already competing. I'd imagine it would be expensive for them to truck a field of feathers in as well. Who knows what the next series might be though.

In Mentorn's direct emails to me, they were happy to accept just my feather application but were always asking about HW bots. You could be right though, escalating costs may have contributed to the decision. There is always a good featherweight turn-out for Robochallenge with no financial assistance, so Mentorn doesn't really need to flash the cash for feathers IMHO.

Register To Comment