Register To Comment

Thread: Tank steering trouble.

Can you do a rough drawing of how the receiver, V-tail mixer and ESCs are wired together?

Its a bit hard to tell exactly how the receiver and mixer are wired but it looks generally correct (and very neat!). So you get equal speed forwards and reverse on both motors? Is that the case when you move either the throttle or the steering on the transmitter? If the mixer leads are plugged in to the receiver throttle and steering channels, then you *should* be getting full control.

Maybe the issue is with transmitter - any info on that? At this stage, it could be that you are not getting any signal from the steering, just the throttle.

OK, so you can rule out the motors, ESCs, the mixer and probably the receiver. If you unplugged the mixer from channel 1 on the receiver, do you get any control of the motors, or nothing at all? If there is absolutely no response, I would suspect the steering channel is faulty.

That radio is more programmable than it looks. If you go to the product page and click on the files tab, there is a configuration program and dozens of instructions to download. You also need a cheap USB cable that plugs in the trainer port on the back of the transmitter. I haven't tried it, but I believe that you can program the radio to do mixing and eliminate the v-tail mixer - perhaps somebody can confirm that? You may find via the software that your issue is just a badly configured radio, otherwise its time to get in contact with Hobbyking.

Register To Comment